- Datum: 06 Aug 2014
- Contact: Rick Sloot - Operational Director
- Telefoon: +31 10 89 00 070
The Press Room
The i3D.net press room covers corporate all press releases.
If you have any follow-up questions related to the articles posted in the press room, please contact your account manager or contact us through the contact form.
Our network specialists have upgraded our backbone router AR0 in NIKHEF, Amsterdam. These upgrades prepare the i3D.net premium network for 100 Gigabit Ethernet.
- The chassis was upgraded from a Brocade NetIron XMR 8000 to a Brocade NetIron MLXe4-X.
- The new chassis allows for a higher port density, and also scales to 100GbE ports in the future.
- Newer multi-core management cards further speed up network re-convergence in case of failure.
Additionally, we have performed preparation work for our own DWDM solution which'll be servicing customers between SmartDC Rotterdam and NIKHEF Amsterdam. We've chosen to install a MRV OptiDriver chassis which supports - amongst other things - 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE wavelengths. This guarantees easy scaling of the AS49544 backbone for future bandwidth requirements.
Are you interested in transport capacity toward Amsterdam? i3D.net now offers wavelengths over our own Relined-backed DWDM network, as well as protected MPLS transport on our geographically diverse backbone in bandwidths of 100 Mbps to >10 Gbps. Contact our support department today for all your inquiries